FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How long do LEDs typically last?Open or CloseLEDs typically last approximately 25 years* , compared to the 1 year for incandescent bulbs. That means you would purchase 40 incandescent bulbs for every 1 LED bulb.
* based on 3 hours of burn time per day
- Are LEDs safer?Open or CloseAbsolutely! For starters, LEDs do not contain mercury, which allows for peace of mind in the event one breaks or is damaged. Since LEDs do not contain mercury and other toxic materials commonly found in other types of bulbs, LEDs can be recycled – making them Earth-friendly.
Additionally, your average incandescent bulb expels a large percentage of heat, risking the possibility of burns and fires. LEDs are extremely efficient; therefore they generate virtually no heat, allowing them to be left on for many hours without fear of getting burned or fires.
- Do LEDs truly save energy?Open or CloseLEDs are most commonly used due to their energy efficiency savings. LEDs consume up to 90% less power than incandescent bulbs. For example, if you have a 100 watt incandescent bulb, we could replace that with a 15 watt LED (offering even better lighting, too), which saves you 85 watts for just one bulb replacement. Multiply that by 100 light bulbs throughout your house, and you have saved 8,500 watts.
- Why can I not install my own LEDs?Open or CloseYou can install your own LEDs; however, many homeowners have chosen LED4Home.com as their LED experts due to the complexity with different aspects of finding the right LED to fit your home needs. Oftentimes, homeowners go to the store to purchase the bulbs themselves, to later go home and find out that unlike incandescent bulbs – LED lights come in a variety of base colors which can make it difficult to know the best color for a specific room. Our experts have the ability to show you the options prior to your purchase so you know exactly what you’re getting and can have the best idea of what the room will look like.
- Why chose LED 4 Home?Open or CloseWith over 20 years of professional service in the lighting industry, we’re able to provide you with the most comprehensive and competitive solutions to for your home. We are also locally owned, insured, and stand behind all of our work! If something goes wrong with the products we installed within the first year, we will replace it at no charge to you.
If you would like to learn more about the Pros and Cons of LED lighting, check out our Pros and Cons page.
STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions you may have! Feel free to give us a call, or shoot us an email!
CALL NOW! 844-LED-4-HOMe